The West Egg Group requires all employees to present themselves in a professional manner, with regards to attire, personal hygiene, and appearance. These standards are commensurate with our organizational practices of appropriate business conduct, professionalism and dress code. To ensure that our standards of appearance are consistent, The West Egg Group employees are required to wear The West Egg Group approved uniforms/clothing during all working hours.
Uniform / Clothing Provisions
- Operational public-contact employees of The West Egg Group shall wear issued uniforms while on-duty to aid in their identification, enhance security, and promote the professional image of the organization.
- The West Egg Group employees are required to use all uniforms/clothing for work-related purposes only.
- Each uniform will bear a The West Egg Group designated logo(s).
- Alterations may only be made with prior approval from upper management.
- Issue of each uniform item will be recorded upon receipt and deducted from the employees’ next paycheque.
- The West Egg Group will provide replacements for normal wear and tear job-related reasons, see the Uniform Replacement section for details.
- Uniforms should be used only during working hours and should not be worn in places that would not represent the positive image of The West Egg Group.
- Uniforms shall not be worn on the job while employed by an outside firm or while “moonlighting”.
- Commonly available uniform pieces, such as black dress pants will be the responsibility of the employee to acquire and maintain.
The West Egg Group Uniform Items
- Grey Vest
- Black Tie
- Branded Windbreaker
- Branded Polo Shirt
- “G” Pin
- Name Tag
Employee Acquired Uniform Items
- Black Dress Pants
- Black socks
- Black shoes
- White solid Dress Shirt
- Black belt
After an employee completes one (1) full year of employment, The West Egg Group will replace two (2) pieces of uniform per year of employment at no charge to the employee. However, if more pieces of uniform are in unacceptable condition or if they are deemed unacceptable before the year elapses then those pieces must be replaced and the employee will be charged the customary cost of the item in question. Please note that these two (2) pieces are not eligible to be rolled over to another year.
- The West Egg Group employees are expected to meet hygiene requirements during regular business hours for the duration of their employment.
- Employees are expected to maintain personal cleanliness by bathing daily.
- Oral hygiene (brushing of teeth) required.
- Use deodorant/antiperspirant to minimize body odors.
- No heavily scented perfumes, colognes, and lotions. These can cause allergic reactions, migraines, and respiratory difficulty for some employees.
- Clean and trimmed fingernails.
- Wash hands after eating, or using the restroom.
- Clothing must be clean, pressed, in good condition, and fit appropriately.
- Socks or hose must be worn with shoes.
- Neat and well-groomed hair, sideburns, mustaches, and beards (no artificial colors e.g. pink, green, etc. that would be deemed unprofessional).
- Moderate make-up.
- Secured long hair.
- Clothing must not interfere with the safe operation of equipment.
- No dark glasses (unless prescribed by a physician).
- Limited jewelry and no dangling or large hoop jewelry that may create a safety hazard to self or others.
- Every West Egg Group employee is responsible for exercising sound judgment and common sense for his or her attire at all times. If an employee is deemed to be wearing inappropriate attire, their Area Manager is responsible for coaching the employee accordingly.
- Individual situations relating to appropriate workplace attire may be addressed on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions about these guidelines or a particular business area’s dress requirements, contact your area manager.
- Departure from appropriate grooming, hygiene, and attire standards will result in employee counseling and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Personal appearance standards may be reviewed periodically and updated as deemed necessary.